20 April 2015

I dream my painting and I paint my dream

When the painter Barbara Matthews von Enger isn't sitting front row at Versace haute couture show. You can find her painting away at her atelier or roaming about in a nearby forest. We asked Barbara von Enger last week in an interview: How do you nurture your creative spirit? Her response was: " I need to be alone in silent solitude. This silences the chatter of my mind and give birth to new orders".
Yes, my lovelies, nature nourishes the creative spirit, and purifies the mind, so get out and enjoy a walk in the woods this spring-time.
The image shows Barbara Matthews von Enger at work in her studio, November, 2014. Photographed by K.Knak.
We leave you today with the following quote by Gerhard Richter, which we have been thinking about quite alot lately: To talk about paintings is not only difficult but perhaps pointless too. You can only express in words what words are capable of expressing-- what language can communicate. Painting has nothing to do with that.” -

No comments:

Post a Comment